As you are searching for Medical Marijuana doctors, you may be wondering what makes Kaya Life different. At Kaya Life, we provide medical marijuana consultations with compassion to our valued patients. Our goal is to ensure that each patient is educated and confident in their plan when they walk out our doors.
Here’s how our process works:
- Intake: Once your doctor has diagnosed you with a qualifying condition, call to schedule your appointment at one of our four offices. If you have a comparable condition to those listed below, we are more than happy to help determine if medical marijuana would be a good fit for you. Please note, you do not require a referral from a doctor to be seen at Kaya Life.
- Consultation: After filling out the necessary intake forms, you will complete an in-person consultation with one of our knowledgeable cannabis physicians. Our physicians will help build a personalized treatment plan according to your condition, needs, and lifestyle preferences. Our goal is to ensure that when you leave our office, you are educated on what to take, how much to take, and where to get it. At your appointment, the physician will certify the patient and enter them into the state’s database. With the help of a staff member, the patient is then guided through the online medical marijuana application and will be responsible for providing an online payment of $75 to the Department of Health. (Both credit and debit cards are accepted.)
- Certification: You will receive your temporary ID via email from the State allowing them to visit or order delivery from any approved medical marijuana treatment center.
- Follow Up Care: Our team will follow up with you within the first 70 days to assess response to treatment and adjust recommendations accordingly. Additionally, you will receive reminders when your renewal is approaching!
What sets us apart
We are not a doctor’s office that simply signs off on your card and sends you on your way. We are here to support your journey and help with product recommendations and dosages along the way. Our team stays up to date on the latest studies and research and is here to help educate you so that you can feel safe and confident using your prescribed medical marijuana.
Our hope is that we can break down any barriers or stigmas that would keep you from using medical marijuana. Every person deserves to live well and have the opportunity to medicate in an alternative way. We aim to educate and inspire before you leave our office!
- Chronic Pain
- Crohn’s Disease
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Medical conditions that are similar and like to those above*
- Any terminal condition
*A patient must have a qualifying condition or one similar, to be certified. For example, PTSD is a qualifying condition, but anxiety, depression, insomnia, and bipolar disorder are similar conditions.
- Cancer, also, qualifying is chronic terminal or debilitating disease
- Parkinson’s Disease medical condition or its treatment that produces one or more
- Huntington’s Disease of the following:
- Muscular Dystrophy -Cachexia or wasting syndrome
- Glaucoma - Chronic pain
- Spastic Quadriplegia - Severe or intractable nausea
- HIV/AIDS - Seizures
- Hepatitis - Severe and persistent muscle spasms including, but not
- ALS limited to, those characteristic of multiple sclerosis
- Crohn’s Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Sickle-Cell Anemia
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Agitation of Dementia
- Pain refractory to appropriate opioid management
- Diabetic/Peripheral Neuropathy
- Spinal Cord Disease or Severe Injury
If you are ready to take the next step in getting your medical marijuana card, book your appointment today!