How it Works
1. To become a medical marijuana patient, you must first be diagnosed with a qualifying condition.
2. Complete an in-personal evaluation with a qualified practitioner at Kaya Life who will determine if you qualify, will benefit from the use of medical cannabis, and complete your Medical Certification.
3. Apply for your card online through the Mississippi Department of Health, Mississippi Medical Cannabis Program Portal.
4. Receive your electronic marijuana identification card.
5. Purchase medical cannabis at a licensed dispensary.
6. Follow up with your provider in 6 months.
7. Renew Medical Certification and identification card annually.
Medical record of qualifying condition
Proof of State Residency
Proof of Identify – Govt issued photo identification card
- For minors, caregivers, & nonresidents, separate conditions apply.
Kaya Life provides entry into the Mississippi State Registry and physician certification to patients who meet Mississippi's standard for a medical marijuana referral and have one of Mississippi’s qualifying conditions below.
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Huntington’s Disease
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Spastic Quadriplegia
- Positive status for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)
- Acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS)
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Crohn’s Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Sickle-Cell Anemia
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Agitation of Dementia
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pain refractory to appropriate opioid management
- Diabetic/Peripheral Neuropathy
- Spinal Cord Disease or Severe Injury
Also qualifying is a chronic terminal or debilitating disease or medical condition or its treatment that produces one or more of the following:
- Cachexia or wasting syndrome
- Chronic pain
- severe or intractable nausea
- severe and persistent muscle spasms including, but not limited to, those characteristic of multiple sclerosis
Mississippi Gulf Coast Dispensaries
- Click here to review all options