Panama City, Florida Medical Marijuana Doctor | Kaya Life
“At Kaya Life, we take care of real patients with real problems with real medicine.”
-- Dr. Stephanie Johnson
People all across North America are searching the internet for information about medical marijuana for PTSD, pain management, glaucoma, and other common ailments. Patients are turning to CBD for cancer and epilepsy treatment and finding positive results. The use of marijuana for medicinal purposes, or MMJ for short, is earning its place as a viable alternative and a natural means of treatment for a wide range of illnesses, chronic conditions, and stress. And now in Panama City you’ve got the Kaya Life physicians’ clinic that can assess your condition and assist with balanced treatment plans.
Kaya Life Medical Marijuana Clinic in Panama City, FL
Welcome to Kaya Life in busy and beautiful Panama City on Florida’s Emerald Coast. Best known for its powder-white sand beaches, sport fishing, and great scuba and snorkeling, Panama City is also home to championship-level golf courses and great restaurants. It’s the place where one can watch gorgeous sunsets over the Gulf of Mexico 365 days a year
The state of Florida approved the use of marijuana and CBD oil for medicinal purposes in November of 2016 with the Medical Marijuana Legalization Initiative. Kaya Life was the pioneer MMJ practice on the Florida Panhandle, starting patient consultation and care shortly thereafter. Since then, every day we put our mission into action, endeavoring to improve the quality of life and facilitate better physical and mental health for our patients using medical cannabis treatment methods.
If you suffer from chronic pain, stress, or a long-term illness, or if side effects from conventional treatments are causing problems, call our office at 850-213-1215 to speak with one of our caring staff members. We’re listening. Let us know about your situation and learn what medical marijuana is all about and what it can do for you. Or make an appointment online here.
Qualifying Conditions for a Medical Marijuana Card in Florida
Every day, people from all over Florida search online for a “medical card doctor near me” looking for a solution to the pain or stress they’re undergoing. There are several conditions and illnesses that qualify a person for medicinal marijuana use. Kaya Life provides certification for patients who have one of the following conditions that qualifies them for a referral under Florida laws.
- Chronic Pain
- Crohn’s Disease
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)*
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Medical conditions that are similar to those above*
- Any terminal condition
* For example, bipolar disorder, depression, anxiety, and insomnia are all considered “related conditions” to PTSD, which is one of the listed qualifying conditions. On a case-by-case basis, patients with these symptoms may also qualify for a medical marijuana card. Read more about qualifying conditions.
How to Get Your Medical Marijuana Card – We Can Help!
The experienced and empathetic medical professionals at Kaya Life are dedicated to making sure that you get the correct assessment and care for your individual situation and needs. We also walk you through the application process for your Florida MMJ registration card and have it submitted before you leave our office.
Here’s what happens on your initial appointment:
- You’ll fill out the standard forms, and then have an in-person consultation with one of our cannabis physicians. They’ll provide you with an individual treatment plan according to your requirements and lifestyle preferences.
- If you qualify for medicinal marijuana treatment, the doctor will register your certification and you’ll be entered into Florida state’s database.
- A staff member will assist you in filling out the online application form, and you’ll make an online application payment of $75 to the Florida Department of Health.
- Within two weeks, you will receive a temporary medical ID card via email from the state, allowing you to purchase from any approved medical cannabis dispensary or treatment center in Florida.
- You’ll return for a follow up visit within the first 70 days to check on how you are responding to the prescribed treatment and adjust recommendations accordingly.
Initial Appointment Checklist – Don’t Forget These!
When you come for your appointment, make sure you bring:
- Your medical records
- Current driver’s license or Florida photo ID (or proof of residence for part-time Florida residents)
- Payment for your appointment – credit or debit card only
- A smartphone or tablet to access your email during your visit
What Makes Kaya Life Different? – Personal Patient Care
Our doctors and staff members put patients first. We listen to you, learn about your needs, answer questions, and offer one-of-a-kind patient education and personal care.
We assist in your application process and entry into the Florida State Registry and give you specifically designed treatment plans with your preferences and situation in mind.
Many MMJ doctors fail to equip patients with a thorough understanding of what to expect when using medical cannabis. At Kaya Life, make sure that you are prepared. You’ll know that your Florida medical card application has been submitted and that you’ll soon be receiving the green light to start your MMJ treatment plan. And you’re on the way to a better quality of life, finding freedom from stress and pain using natural medicinal cannabinoids.
Medical Marijuana Education and Compassionate Patient Care
“We provide consultations to patients and teach them how medical marijuana will help with their condition, what to expect, where to go, what to buy, how to take it…. We care about our patients. Our patients come first.” -- Dr. Stephanie Johnson, Founder and practicing physician at Kaya Life.
Dr. Stephanie Johnson, owner and founding physician of Kaya Life, served as an ER doctor for 15 years and worked as an activist to combat the opioid epidemic in the U.S. until she opened the first Florida Panhandle MMJ clinic in 2016.
Get to know our Physicians and Staff Members at Kaya Life
Call 850-213-1215 Today | Kaya Life MMJ Clinic in Panama City, FL
Freedom from pain, anxiety, and stress is just a call or a click away!